Do you wish to learn how to reset a Landis Gyr prepaid meter to get rid of error 30? Error 30 is probably one of the most common issues that you are likely to encounter when using these meters. When this error occurs, you won’t be able to load a token onto the meter. That could very well leave you in the dark. So, what do you do to get rid of Error 30 on Landis+Gyr prepaid meters?
Steps to reset your Landis+Gyr meter to remove Error-30
- Unplug all the appliances that may be near the Customer Interface Unit (CIU). Check to see if this allows you to then load your token. It usually works because Error 30 is caused by interference which may be coming from other nearby devices.
- Remove the meter from the socket in which it is currently plugged and plug it into another socket on the other side of your home. If there was interference at that particular socket, this solution usually works.
- If the above does not work, you may have to disconnect all your household appliances. Try to load your token after doing this.
- Turn off all fluorescent lights from your home. These are sometimes a source of interference.
- Take the CIU next door and try to load your token while connected to their socket.
- Should all the above fail, you will need to get in touch with your provider to get help.
What causes Error 30?
That’s how to reset your Landis Gyr prepaid meter to get rid of Error 30. But what causes this issue in the first place? Knowing what causes the issue can be helpful in ensuring that you do not encounter it in the future. The following are some of the causes of Error-30 on Landis+Gyr prepaid electricity meters;
- Communication failure between the meter and the UIC caused by interference.
- Issues at your provider causing communication errors between your meter and their servers.
In this article, we showed you how to reset your Landis Gyre prepaid meter to remove error 30. It was noted that this error is caused by communication issues between the CIU and the meter. There are several steps that you can take to resolve the issue.
Here are the Ekurhuleni prepaid meter problems and solutions