Do you wish to learn how to divert Telkom landline calls to your cell phone? A lot of people have been asking about this. Essentially, what you want is to learn how to activate call forward on your Telkom landline. You may be looking to do this for a number of reasons. Perhaps you are not always in the office, and you still wish to receive calls that are made to your landline. The following is how it’s done;
How to Forward Calls from a Telkom Landline to a Cellphone
The following is how to divert Telkom landline calls to a cell phone;
- First, you need to pick up your handset and wait for the dial tone.
- Once you hear the tone, dial 21 followed by the target cellphone number#. Should that fail to work, you can try dialing *21*target cellphone number#. The target cellphone number is the number to which you wish to have your calls forwarded. An example of what you would dial is; 21081223344# or *21*081223344#.
- You will hear a voice message that says “service feature activated.” This means call forwarding has now been set up.
- Get another phone and call your landline to see whether your calls are now being diverted to a landline number.
- Please note that the above steps may vary depending on the telephone provider for your landline. In some instances, you need to reach out to Telkom first to get them to activate call forwarding on your line. Ordinary customers can reach Telkom on 10210 while business customers can call them on 10217.
How to deactivate call divert from a Telkom landline to a cellphone
That’s how to divert Telkom landline calls to a cell phone. Should you ever want to cancel divert, the process of doing so is easy. All that you need to do is dial #21# on your landline. You will get a voice message telling your that forwarding has been deactivated.
You may be interested in the Telkom mobile contract cancellation fee
Does Telkom charge for calls that are forwarded to a cellphone number?
Yes, Telkom will charge you for the call diverting feature from a landline to a cellphone. Note that the person who is calling you will pay for the call to get to your landline.
On top of that, you will pay for the divert. It’s not such an expensive thing, but you need to keep this in mind. Whenever you receive a diverted call from your landline to your cellphone, you will be paying for it.
Why learn how to divert Telkom landline calls to a cellphone?
The motivation behind your being here can be varied. We have been finding out that a lot of people, in these Covid 19 days, have been having trouble keeping up while working from home.
Working from home has itself become something of a buzzword. But what happens to all those calls that people are making to your landline. You could be losing a lot of customers as a result.
That’s a very good reason for learning how to forward Telkom landline calls to a cell phone. It means you will never be out of touch. When someone calls your landline number, the call will be rerouted to your cellphone.
If you need further information, post a comment below or on our Telkom mobile discussions forum. We have experts who stand ready to provide you with well researched answers.