Do you wish to learn how to deposit money into your Mukuru card? The Mukuru card is a very popular in South Africa, particular among foreign nationals living and working in the country. The card offers a lot of flexibility. You can use it for a wide range of activities, some of which are outlined in the section below. The Mukuru card is a Mastercard card, meaning it can be use wherever there is a Mastercard logo. That’s literally tens of thousands of places in South Africa. But before you can use it, you first need to load money into your Mukuru card. How do you do that?
How to Load Mukuru Card
The following is how to deposit money into a Mukuru card;
- You can load your Mukuru card via EFT. Mukuru cards are issued by Access Bank. When making an EFT, use your name as the beneficiary. The Account number is your Mukuru Money Number. This has 11 digits. You can get it by dialing *130*567#. Go to Mukuru Card and open EFT account details. The branch code to use when making an EFT transfer is 410506.
- It’s also possible to load your card at a Mukuru partner. You will need to give them cash so they can put the money into your card. To get started, dial *130*567# on your phone. Choose the Mukuru Card option and then go to Deposit Cash. You will get an SMS with a wiCode. Now go to Checkers, Usave or Shoprite and use the wiCode to deposit money into your card.
What can you do with your Mukuru card
That’s how to deposit money into your Mukuru card. But what can you do with the money that’s in your card. How can you use it? The following are some of the ways through which to use money in your card;
- Send and receive money. You can send money to other countries as an example. People in other countries can also send money to you.
- Pay DSTV.
- Receive your salary into your account.
- Use the card to buy from retail outlets.
- Use the card to get cash at ATMs.
- Do online shopping.
- Save money in your Mukuru account.
In this article, we showed you how to deposit money into your Mukuru card. It was noted that there are 2 ways for doing this. You can make your deposit via EFT, or you can deposit money at one of the many Mukuru partner retail outlets. We also gave a brief outline of how you can use money that’s in your Mukuru card.