Are you looking for information on how to activate your Mukuru card? Mukuru has grown to become one of the biggest money transfer agencies in Southern Africa. It enables people to send and receive money not only on the continent, but also in Asia and elsewhere. Mukuru is popular with foreign nationals living and working in South Africa. With it, they are able to easily send money back home. If you have gotten a Mukuru card, you will need to activate it. So, how do you do it?
Steps to activate your Mukuru card
The following is how to activate your Mukuru card;
- Deposit R100 onto the card. See below for how to deposit money into the card.
- Follow additional instructions received with your card.
How to use my Mukuru card
That’s how to activate your Mukuru card. But how can you use this card? The following are some of the things that you can do with your Mukuru card;
- Send money. You can send to both local and international destinations.
- Receive money
- Buy airtime
- Buy electricity
- Pay DStv
- Receive your salary into your card
- Withdraw cash at ATMs and retail stores.
- Swipe at retailers.
- Shop online.
How do deposit money into your Mukuru card
We have now shown you how to activate your Mukuru card. It was noted that to do so, you need to deposit a minimum of R100 into the card. But how do you do that? You can make your deposit at Shoprite, Checkers and Usave. The following are the steps to take;
- Dial *130*567#
- Choose Mukuru Card
- Enter your Wallet PIN
- Choose Deposit Cash
- Enter an amount to be deposited
- Confirm the deposit
- You will receive an SMS with a deposit reference number called a “wiCode”
- Take your wiCode to any till point within 7 days to make the deposit
In this article, we showed you how to activate your Mukuru card. Mukuru cards are a convenient way of transacting and receiving money. It’s the reason why they have become very popular over the past few years. They are particularly popular with foreign nationals living and working in South Africa.