Do you wish to learn how to change the WiFi password on a Huawei router? Huawei is a very popular networking equipment brand in South Africa and across the world. Their routers can be found in use on Telkom, Rain, Vodacom, Afrihost and on many other ISPs in the country. If you have a Huawei router at home or at work, one thing that you may wish to do is to change the WiFi password on your connection. In this article, we show you how to do it. We focus on the most popular Huawei router models in South Africa. These include the Huawei HG8245, the e5576, the e5573 and the B315, as well as the Huawei pocket wifi.
General steps for changing WiFi passwords on Huawei routers
The following are the general steps for changing the WiFi password on any Huawei router;
- First, connect your tablet, phone or computer to the network whose WiFi password you wish to change.
- Next, go to Chrome, Edge, Firefox or any other browser and type in the default Huawei router IP. That’s usually 192.168.1.1.
- Press enter.
- On the login page for your router, type in the default Huawei router username and password. That’s usually admin for both.
- Once you have logged into your router, go to WiFi Settings.
- Next, go to WiFi Basic Settings.
- Type in your new password and click on the Save button.
- Exit the admin dashboard. You can now log into your internet using the new Huawei router WiFi password.
How to change wifi password huawei HG8245h
In the above sections, we gave you the general steps showing how to change the WiFi password on any Huawei router. In essence, once you have mastered the above steps, it shouldn’t be difficult to change the WiFi password on any other router. But in this section, we will look specifically at the Huawei HG8245H. The following is how to change the WiFi password on the Huawei HG8245H;
- To get started, you need to connect your computer or phone to your Huawei HG8245 router’s internet.
- Next, open a browser and type in the default ip, which is usually 192.168.100.1 for the HG8245.
- On the next page, type the default login password and username. Bot are usually admin.
- Once logged in, go to Advanced Configuration.
- Next, go to WLAN.
- Now you need to go to WLAN Basic Configuration.
- You can change the password under WPA PreSharedKey.
- Click on Apply to save your changes.
- Reconnect all your devices with the new password.
How to change WiFi password on Huawei router B315
In this section, we will show you how to change the WiFi password on a Huawei router B315;
- The first step involves connecting your computer to your B315’s internet.
- Next, open a browser and type in the default IP which, for the B315, is usually http://192.168.8.1/.
- Press enter.
- You will be asked to type in the default username and password for the B315. That’s usually admin for both.
- In the router’s dashboard, click on Settings.
- Next, click on WLAN Basic Settings.
- You can change your Huawei B315 router’s password under WPA pre-shared key.
- Save your changes and exit.
- Reconnect your devices with the new password.
How to change pocket WiFi password Huawei (E5330, E5576 MiFi devices)
To change the WiFi password on the Huawei E5330 pocket WiFi password, you need to take the following steps;
- To get started, connect your computer or phone to the Huawei pocket WiFi device’s internet.
- Next, type 192.168.8.1 into a browser and press enter.
- You will now need to log into the admin dashboard. The default username is usually admin, while the default password is also admin.
- In your router’s dashboard, click on Settings or WiFi Settings.
- Next, click on WLAN and then on WLAN Basic Settings or WiFi Basic Settings.
- You can now change your Huawei E5330 router’s password. The password is given under WPA pre-shared key or WiFi password.
- Save your changes and reconnect all your devices using the new password.
Why change your WiFi password
That’s how to change the Huawei router WiFi password. We have already noted that Huawei is a popular router brand in South Africa. But why would anybody bother changing the WiFi password.
Well, the sad thing about South Africa is that perfectly ordinary people, who would otherwise not engage in any criminal activity, are always trying to hack into their neighbors’ internet. It’s our eternal love for freebies.
So, you may have fallen prey to these nice folks. Once they have hacked into your network, they will start sharing your password with everybody else. That’s what common decency demands. It’s the spirit of Ubuntu.
In no time at all, you will be the internet donor across your whole neighborhood. You may find people sitting around your home and you will be wondering what they are doing. They will be surfing for free. Anyway, to protect yourself, you may need to learn how to change your Huawei WiFi router password.
How to choose a strong WiFi password
We will close this article by sharing with you few tips on how to get the strongest of passwords. If you change your password to a weak one, you will have problems in the future.
Fortunately, there are ways that you can stop hackers in their tracks. You can start by using an alphanumeric password. That consists of letters and numbers.
Make sure that some of the letters are in uppercase. Also include symbols in your password. Examples are !*#%$ & ^. By having these symbols in your password, you make it nearly impossible for hackers to hack in.
You may wish to find out how to reset your Huawei router.
This post was dedicated to showing you how to change your Huawei router WiFi password. Huawei is probably the biggest networking equipment manufacturer in the world.
So, they have many router models. But the process of changing WiFi passwords is more or less similar. In fact, it’s almost the same for all routers. In this article, we focused on Huawei router models that are most popular in South Africa.
Anyway, you can leave further question on our Router discussions forum. Alternatively, you can post your comments in the appropriate section below.