Do you wish to learn how to change the Afrihost WiFi password? Afrihost is one of the leading Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in South Africa. The company was previously purchased by MTN. However, MTN has since sold it’s majority stake in Afrihost. Anyway, if you are an Afrihost customer, you may be looking at how to change the password on your WiFi network. We show you how it’s done here;
Step by Step Guide to Change the Password on an Afrihost Router
The following are the steps to change the Afrihost WiFi password;
- First, you need to get your computer, phone or tablet connected to your Afrihost internet.
- Next, open a browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. Alternatively, you can type in 192.168.0.1. If that still does not work, read the section on how to find the IP address for your router.
- You will now be taken to the router’s login page. Login using the default username and password. Most of the time, you can try admin for both the username and password.
- Press enter and you will be taken into your router’s admin dashboard.
- In there, look for Wireless Settings or Wireless or Setup.
- Find the password section.
- Type in your preferred Afrihost WiFi router password.
- Save your changes and exit.
- Reconnect your device using the defaults.
How to find the IP address on your Afrihost router
Below you will see that there are many types of routers in use on Afrihost. The IP addresses given above are the most common. However, your router may be different. In that case, you can find the correct IP in the following ways;
- Check on the label that’s underneath the router. Usually, you will find all the admin login details on there.
- You can use Command Prompt to find the IP address for your Afrihost router. Search for Command prompt on your Windows computer and then type in ipconfig. Press enter and scroll down to Default Gateway. That’s your default IP.
Examples of routers used on Afrihost
That’s how to change your Afrihost WiFi password. Note that the information given here will be slightly different depending on the type of router that you have in your home or office. In general, the steps for changing the WiFi password on any router are similar.
So, you shouldn’t be intimidated. What you need is to have the default IP and the default password and username. With this information it will be a brezze to get into your router’s dashboard. In there, look for the password section. Don’t change other stuff that you are not familiar with. Otherwise you could bereak your internet.
Anyway, once you have made you changes, click on the save button and exit. You will now have to reconnect all your devices. Now, we have just noted that there are many types of routers in use on Afrihost. How to change the WiFi password will be slightly different depending on your router make and model. The following are some of the router types that you will find in use on the network;
- Huawei HG659
- Asus DSL-N12E
- D-Link DIR-816L
- D-Link DSL-224
- Huawei AX3
- Huawei B315
- Huawei B593
- Huawei E3276
- Netgear DGN2200
- ZTE MF286C
- ZTE MF971R
- ZyXEL NBG6515
Why Change your Afrihost WiFi Password?
In this article, we are looking at how to change the Afrihost WiFi password. But why would you go through the process? Well, there are many reasons why you may be looking to change the password on your Afrihost router.
Maybe your internet has become compromised. South Africans are notorious for always looking to hack into their neighbors’ connections. Even respectable members of society will do this without qualms.
Sometimes these people succeed, particularly if you have a weak password. In that case, you will start to see your internet getting slower and slower. That’s because people who break into WiFi networks do not have qualms about sharing the love.
Pretty soon you will be the donor for the entire neighborhood. Should you feel that this has happened to you, you will want to learn how to change your Afrihost WiFi password.
You could also do it for security reasons, not because somebody has already made inroads into your network. You need to keep your network secure and occasionally changing the password is the way to go.
In this article, we showed you how to change your Afrihost WiFi password. We noted that these changes may be necessary if your network has been compromised.
Another thing that we noted is that Afrihost uses a wide range of routers on it’s network. How you change the WiFi password on each will be slightly different.
But generally speaking, if you know how to do it on one router, you should have no trouble doing it on others. Please leave a comment on our Afrihost forum if you require further assistance.