Are you having the DSTV no sound issue? This problem can be rather frustrating. It usually happens while you are in the middle of watching your favorite shows. It’s an issue that we have noticed when changing from one DSTV channel to the other. Sometimes when you move from between the channels, you end up losing your sound. What causes this issue and what can you do to resolve it? That’s what we are going to focus on in this article.
What to do when your DSTV loses sound
The following are the solutions to the DSTV no sound issue;
- Make sure that sound has not been muted or tuned down on your decoder. Simply increase the sound using the DSTV remote.
- Also make sure that sound has not been tuned down on your TV. Increase the sound using either the TV remote or manually.
- Switch to another channel. At times, the issue is a technical one involving the signal that’s coming from DSTV. If the issue is not with your TV or decoder, you should be able to get sound when you move to another channel.
- Make sure that the AV cables are connected properly to your decoder and TV. The yellow cable should be slotted into the yellow port. Similarly, the white and red cables should be connected to their proper ports on both the TV and on the decoder.
- If your decoder uses an HDMI cable, make sure that this is properly connected on both the decoder and the TV.
- If the problem does not go away, try switching off both the decoder and the TV at the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes and then turn on your devices.
- Sometimes the DSTV no sound problem will go away on its own. All that you need to do is to wait a few minutes and you will get your sound back.
- Should everything suggested above fail, you may have to reset your DSTV decoder.
Solve the DSTV Explora keeps rebooting issue
In this article, we focused on solutions to the DSTV no signal issue. DSTV is the number one entertainment platform for South Africans and for other people around Africa. We have previously covered common DSTV problems and solutions. The no sound issue is one of the most frustrating errors that you can encounter. Fortunately, there are many solutions that you can use to resolve the issue.