Are you having the OVHD no channels after factory reset issue? We are going to help you resolve it in this article. A lot of people across South Africa have been getting Openview decoders over the past few years. It’s a great alternative to DSTV. You don’t have to fork out monthly payments. Okay, so DSTV now has a rock bottom bouquet that costs only R29 per month, but Openview is still great. You are here because you have reset your Openview decoder and now no channels are being displayed. How do you resolve the issue?
My Openview Says no Channels
After carrying out a factory reset on your OVHD decoder, you need to scan for channels. Otherwise your channel list will be empty. The following is the solution to the OVHD no channels after factory reset issue;
- Press on the menu button on your OVHD remote.
- Open Settings. You can do this by scrolling to it on the screen and pressing on Ok on your remote.
- Now you need to open Installation.
- You are required to enter a Parental pin code. That’s 1234.
- Go to Channel search and press on Ok.
- Press Ok one more time. Your decoder will now start looking for channels.
- Wait a couple of minutes as the decoder finds and saves the channels.
- When the process is complete, you should now be able to see all the Openview channels in your channel list.
Why your OVHD Channel List is Empty
That’s the solution to the Openview HD no channels after factory reset problem. But why would your OVHD channel list be empty after you have done a factory restore. Well, a reset removes all your settings, including your channels. You will need to initiate a scan to get them back.
Hopefully, you have found this information useful. There have been a lot of queries relating to the Openview decoder channel list empty issue. If you have further questions, you can post them on our OVHD forum. Let others help you with the correct answers.