Are you looking for information on how to transfer data on Cell C? All networks in South Africa are mandated to have this feature. Being able to transfer data to other users can come in handy. Most people do this while assisting friends and family who have run out. Others do it while trying to use up data that is about to expire. In any case, you are here because you use Cell C and you wish to send some of your data to other people. How do you do that? Note that you can do it via USSD and using the Cell C app?
How to Transfer Cell C data bundles via USSD
The following is how to transfer data on Cell C using USSD;
- Dial *147# on your Cell C phone.
- Choose option 3, Data & Airtime Share.
- Next, choose Data Transfer.
- Choose Share data with a friend.
- Select Transfer.
- Pick the bundle that you wish to transfer from. You will see the amount of data that remains on that bundle.
- Type in the amount that you would like to transfer.
- Select Enter a Cell C Number. If it’ not the first time you are transferring to a particular individual, their number will be among your beneficiaries. Choose Select Beneficiary.
- Confirm the transaction.
- You will get an SMS notifying you about the transfer.
Transfer Cell C data via the app
It’s also possible to transfer Cell C data using the app. The following is how to do it;
- Sign into the Cell C app.
- Go to Menu.
- Click on Services.
- Open Send Data.
- Choose the bundle from which you wish to send data.
- Type in the amount to be send.
- Enter the number of the beneficiary.
- Click on Continue.
- Data will now be send to your chosen number.
Why transfer Cell C data?
That’s how to transfer data on Cell C. It can be done via the app and via USSD. You can also do it using the Cell C online portal. Note that you can only transfer up to 1GB of data. But why would you share your data with other people.
This feature is useful, since it allows you to share your data with friends and family. It means no-one will ever be stranded because you can always hand over some of your data to them. It also makes logical sense to share your data so it doesn’t expire without running out.
Find out how to get free data on Cell C
Can I share my data with people on other networks?
A lot of people are looking to share their data with people on other networks. Is that even possible on Cell C? Unfortunately, that’s not possible. You cannot share data with people who do not have Cell C SIM cards. So, if your friend of family member is on another network, you are simply going to need to buy them data for their own network.
You may also be interested in learning how to recover a deleted Cell C SMS