Do you wish to find out how to retrieve a deleted SMS on Cell C? It’s something that can happen to anyone in South Africa. For one reason or the other, you haven’t activated saving your contacts, media and messages to Google Drive. But now you have accidentally deleted an important SMS. What do you do if your are a Cell C user? Getting it back can be something of a challenge. Fortunately, there are tools out there that you can use to recover your data. In this post, we are going to look at one of those tools.
How to retrieve deleted text messages
The following is how to to retrieve a deleted SMS on Cell C;
- The first thing that you are going to need to do is to download a piece of software called Dekart SIM Manager onto your computer.
- Remove the SIM card from your phone and put it into a SIM card reader. Connect that to your computer.
- Run the Dekart SIM manager software on your PC.
- In the SIM Manager, you will see a number of options under Phonebook. Click on SMS messages.
- Click on the Read button. You will now see all the messages that are on your SIM card.
- Some messages will be marked red while others will be marked black. The red messages have been deleted from your card. Those are the ones that we are going to recover.
- To recover a message, right click on the messages and choose “undelete.” You can also choose to undelete all messages.
- Press on the Write button to retrieve the messages.
- Now you can reinsert the SIM card into your phone. You will notice that the message that you were looking for will now be available.
Potential challenges when you try to retrieve a deleted message on Cell C
That’s how to retrieve a deleted SMS on Cell C. The process can be a bit of a challenge, particularly if you are not tech savvy. The thing to do is to make sure that no new messages are written onto your SIM before you have retrieved the messages that you are looking for.
What happens is that data that is deleted on the SIM card are not really deleted. It’s just hidden, and the space is marked as empty. When you write other things onto the SIM card, they will then be allocated the space that was previously occupied by the deleted message.
Once a new message has been allocated onto that space, you will no longer be able to recover the old message that previously took up that slot. So, it’s important that the moment you realize you have accidentally deleted a crucial message, you remove the SIM from your phone to prevent other messages from overwriting the one that you wish to recover.