Do you wish to learn how to stop DSTV Now from buffering? DSTV’s online streaming service DSTV Now, has become more and more popular as data has become affordable in South Africa. The challenge is that most people encounter buffering every now and again while watching their DSTV shows online. In this post, we will show you how to resolve the issue. We will also outline what causes this issue.
What can you do to stop buffering on DSTV Now
The following is how to stop DSTV Now from buffering;
- First, you need to make sure that your internet connection is up to the task. How fast is your internet? In many cases, buffering when streaming DSTV Now shows happens because of poor internet connections. We have another article in which we talk about the internet speed required for DSTV Now. Check that out. Also test your internet speed to determine whether or not your ISP is good enough.
- The next thing that you will need to do is to clear your browser’s cache. That’s the case if you are watching through a browser. How you clear the cache depends on whether you are using Chrome, Edge or some other browser.
- The browser that you use can also contribute towards buffering on DSTV Now. In general, we encourage people to use Chrome or Edge or Firefox. If you use another browser, you could end up having issues when streaming online.
- Buffering can also happen when streaming DSTV Now via the Android or iOS app. In that case, what you can do is to uninstall and reinstall the app. That sometimes helps.
- Another thing that you can do is to adjust your streaming resolution. In most cases, when streaming on a phone or tablet, you don’t need HD. The screen is small enough that the quality of the video will actually be very good. Lower streaming qualities use less bandwidth. That could eliminate buffering.
What causes this issue?
That’s how to stop DSTV Now from buffering. But what causes this issue? Understanding why you are having a terrible time watching your shows can help you know what to do to resolve the issue.
We have already noted that the number one reason for buffering when streaming is poor internet connectivity. We have an article in which we the internet speed required for 4K streaming in South Africa.
Unfortunately, most issues with buffering on DSTV Now are unrelated to internet speed. They are, therefore, very difficult to pin down and resolve. There are people out there who claim that they had buffering when streaming on a 100 Mbps connection.
In these cases, the culprit is usually congestion on DSTV Now servers. If more requests are made for resources than the servers are able to cope with, then you will have buffering. In that case there is really nothing that can be done from a user’s side. Multichoice probably needs to invest in a lot more servers.
What can you watch with DSTV Now?
Now that we have discussed how to stop buffering on DSTV Now, it’s time to take a look at what the service has to offer. Most people use DSTV Now to catch up on their favorite shows while on the go.
Perhaps you are travelling or at work. DSTV Now allows you to watch your favorite TV programs live from your phone, tablet or laptop. All that you need is an internet connection. With that, you can also watch shows that you may have missed.
In this article we showed you how to stop DSTV Now from buffering. We noted that DSTV Now is becoming ever popular in South Africa. Unfortunately, people sometimes encounter issues with buffering. Should that happen to you, we have outlined some of the steps that you can take to try and resolve the issue.