Do you wish to find out how to get a bank statement on the Standard Bank app? Millions of people in South Africa bank with Standard Bank. Like all the other financial institutions in the country, the bank offers the convenience of modern banking via their app and via internet banking. You are here because you need to get a bank statement and you are not willing to visit your nearest branch. The good news is that you can get one through the app. But how do you do it?
Download Standard Bank statement using the app
The following is how to get your bank statement on the Standard Bank app;
- To get started, you need to have the app downloaded and installed on your phone. You can download it from the Google Play Store and from the Apple App Store.
- Log into the app. You will need to enter your email address and password that is linked to your Standard Bank account. You will also need to enter an OTP that you get on your phone via SMS.
- Once logged in, click on the account for which you wish to get a statement.
- Go to Your Documents and select view.
- Choose whether you wish to download a 3 month or a 6 month bank statement.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the page.
- Choose whether to download the statement or to email it.
- The download option saves the statement to your phone or tablet. You can then print it from there.
- If you choose to email the statement, you will have to enter an email address.
Why look for your bank statement?
That’s how to get a bank statement on the Standard Bank app. This is something that a lot of people look to do on a daily basis. The challenge is that some of the information that’s out there is outdated. That’s the reason why we decided to write this article. But why would you look for a Standard Bank statement in any case?
Bank Statements are usually required in South Africa when entering into contracts. We have previously written on the MTN contract requirements. You will notice that a bank statement is one of the requirements. Usually, they require a 3 month bank statement.
When signing a lease, you may also be required to provide a bank statement. The whole idea behind them is to show proof that you have a regular source of income. They also show if you have obligations to other companies that you have been meeting on a monthly basis.
This post was dedicated to showing you how to get a bank statement on the Standard Bank app. It was noted that the option to get one via the bank app provides convenience. It means you wont need to visit your nearest bank. With Standard Bank, you have the options to email the bank statement to a chosen address, or to download it onto your device.
You may be interested in learning how to pay DSTV using Standard Bank USSD