Are you looking for information on how to delete recordings on the DSTV Explora? The Explora is the latest iteration in a long list of DSTV decoders that come with recording functionalities. With it, you can record, pause and rewind TV. The recording feature is particularly useful. It means you can go about your schedule without having to worry about losing out on some of your favorite programs. That comes in handy if you are busy or if the shows that you are interested in are showing at the same time. But you are here because you wish to remove some or all recorded programs. How do you do that?
How to remove a recorded program from the DSTV Explora
The following is how to delete recordings on the DSTV Explora;
- Click on the Playlist button on the Explora remote.
- Scroll to the program that you wish to delete and click on OK.
- Chose the Delete option.
- If you want to delete a recorded series, go to the series using the steps outlined above and choose to Delete. You will delete every recorded program in that series at once.
- It’s also possible to delete a single recording from a series by first choosing the Open option and then going to the particular recording that you wish to remove.
How to delete all recordings on DSTV Explora
That’s how to delete recordings on the DSTV Explora. In the above, we showed you how to remove single recordings or recorded series. A lot of people are looking at how to delete all recordings on the DSTV Explora. What do you do if that’s what you are looking to do?
- Click on the blue DSTV or Home button on your remote.
- Scroll to Settings.
- Go to System Settings.
- Next, go to PVR Clean-up and click on OK.
- Choose the option to Delete All Recorded Content. You can also Delete all scheduled items.
Why remove recordings on DSTV?
This article was dedicated to showing you how you can remove recordings on DSTV. We showed how you can remove individual recordings and also how to remove all recordings on your PVR decoder’s hard drive.
But why would you seek to remove recordings? There are a couple of reasons why you may be looking to do so. Maybe you simply wish to start on a clean slate. Or maybe the hard drive on your decoder is about to get full and you wish to free up some space.
Perhaps your decoder will now be used by somebody else and you wish them to have a blank canvas on which to record their own favorite shows. Whatever your reasons, it’s clear that removing recordings from your decoder is very easy.
This article highlighted how to delete all or some recordings on DSTV. We noted that there may be a number of reasons why you have decided to remove recorded shows from your decoder. The good news is that you can easily remove both single shows and series recordings from the decoder. You can also remove all recordings from the decoder at once.