Do you wish to learn how to connect a JVC smart TV to WiFi? JVC is a popular television brand in South Africa and around the world. With more and more people turning to streaming for their media consumption, there has been a marked increase in the number of people buying smart TVs. You are here because you have just bought a JVC smart TV, and you now wish to have it connected to the internet. It’s the only way through which you are going to enjoy the benefits of having a smart TV.
How to connect a JVC smart TV to the internet via WiFi
The following is how to connect a JVC smart TV to WiFi;
- Click on the Menu button on your JVC remote.
- Use the arrow on the remote to move to the WiFi icon and click on Ok.
- Make sure that WiFi is switched to On.
- Move to the SSID section and click on OK.
- Choose the network to which you which to connect.
- Enter the password for the network.
- Your TV will now be connected to the internet.
How to connect a JVC smart TV using an Ethernet cable
That’s how to connect your JVC smart TV to the internet using WiFi. You may also wish to connect your TV to the internet using an ethernet cable. That’s actually the best option for reasons outlined below. The following is how to connect your JVC TV to the internet using a wired ethernet connection;
- Connect your Ethernet cable to the back of the JVC T.
- Connect the other end to your router.
- Press Menu on your remote.
- Go to Networks and click OK.
- Choose Wired.
- Make sure the TV is on DHCP. You can also manually set up your IP address.
- You should now have internet.
Which options should I opt for?
In this article, we showed you how to connect your JVC smart TV to the internet using either WiFi or a wired eithernet cable connection. But which of these options is the best?
It’s almost always the case that WiFi is inferior when it comes to internet connections. You are better off getting connected using and Ethernet cable. WiFi is rather prone to interference and other malfunctions.
It will work if you have a very stable connection. As an example, if you have 5G, then WiFi will work just fine. We have an article in which we talk about how to get Vodacom 5G.
If you go down this route, you won’t have issues with your connections. But to get back to our article, Ethernet is better than WiFi in most instances.
Why connect a JVC smart TV to WiFi and the internet
We have already noted that South Africans who are buying smart TVs are nowadays mostly buying smart TVs. That’s not surprising considering the importance of streaming in the country.
At the moment, the big players are Netflix, DSTV Now, Showmax and YouTube. In order to get these services on your TV, you need to have an internet connection. In fact, a smart TV is not really smart unless it is connected to WiFi.
So, that’s something that’s driving more and more people to look up information on how they can get their JVC TVs online.