Are you trying to find out how to clear an E16 Error on your DSTV decoder? This article will walk you through the process of doing just that. DSTV is the most popular provider of viewing entertainment in South Africa and across the continent. Millions use the service. If you are one of them, it can be frustrating when you get errors that prevent you from enjoying your viewing. The good thing is that you can easily fix DSTV E16 errors. This can be done within the space of a few minutes.
How to fix DSTV E16 errors
The following is how to clear an E16 error on DSTV;
- Switch on your DSTV decoder.
- Sign into DSTV self service. You can do so using your surname and smartcard number.
- Select the decoder for which you which to fix an E16 error.
- Click on Fix Error.
- Choose E16-Service currently scrambled.
- Click on Fix Now.
Fix E16 errors on WhatsApp
You can also fix DSTV E16 errors via WhatsApp by taking the following steps;
- Save the DSTV WhatsApp number on your phone.
- Send the message Hi.
- Type the number next to Fix TV Errors into your phone.
- Choose E16 Error from the list.
- Choose the decoder on which you are getting an error.
- Type the number next to Yes to confirm that you wish to clear the error.
- The error should now be cleared. It may take up to 15 minutes to get the error fixed.
Use the DSTV USSD
If you are in South Africa, it’s also possible to clear the E16 error using the DSTV USSD code. To do this, take the following steps;
- Dail *120*68584# on the phone that is registered with DSTV.
- Choose the Manage your viewing option.
- Select the Fix an Error option.
- Choose the E16 error from the list.
- Clear the error.
Other options to clear a DSTV E16 error
The above steps outline how to clear an E16 error on DSTV via self service. We noted that you need to first log into your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one in a few steps.
But what if you are not able to log into self service? Are there other options when it comes to fixing this type of error? The good news is that you have a couple of other options.
You can simply go to the DSTV website to live chat with customer care. They will clear the error on your behalf. Alternatively, you can go to Facebook or Twitter to speak to DSTV customer service.
What causes this error
There are a couple of possible causes of E16 errors on DSTV? The first is an outstanding payment. If you have made a payment but it has still not reflected in your account, you could end up getting this error.
In most instances, after making a payment, you need to wait a couple of minutes before the signal is sent to you. In that time, you may get the above error.
The E16 error can also be caused by technical issues with DSTV or your decoder. The good news is that whatever the cause, you can clear this error using any one of the steps that are outlined above.
This article was dedicated to showing you how to clear an E16 error from your DSTV decoder. It was noted that this error is related to either technical faults or payment issues. E16 simply means your signal is scrambled. There are several ways of fixing this error, including via WhatsApp, through self service and using the DSTV USSD.