Do you wish to find out how to claim DSTV decoder insurance? If yes, this article is for you. You are probably here because your DSTV decoder has either been stolen or has become damaged in one way or the other. If you have been paying your insurance premiums in full and on time, you will be entitled to getting a new decoder or having the one that you have repaired. Please note that DSTV insurance does not cover the remote control. So, how do you make a DSTV insurance claim?
How to make a DSTV insurance claim
The steps below outline how to claim DSTV decoder Insurance. What you do will depends on whether your decoder has been stolen or damaged;
- If your decoder has been stolen or destroyed in a fire, you need to report the event to the South African Police Service (SAPS). Loss due to fire can also be reported to the Fire Brigade. This must be done within 30 days of the event. You will get a case number which you will need to submit to NMSIS as part of the claims process. NMSIS is the arm of Multichoice that handles insurances.
- If your decoder has developed a fault, you should simply bring it to your nearest Multichoice Service Center without calling or emailing.
- However, if the decoder has been totally damaged due to fire, lightning, explosion or flooding, you will have to fill and sign a claim form. You will also be required to present some form of identification as part of the process.
- DSTV decoder insurance claims can be made over the phone or via email. Sent information about your claim to email@example.com or call (011) 369 4000. Your email should have the subject; DStv Insurance Claim. A claim form will be emailed to you. You can also make a claim at your nearest Multichoice Service Center.
- Fill it out the claim form and send it, along with all required documentation, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission can also be done at a nearest Multichoice Service Center or at an approved intermediary.
Will I get a new decoder?
That’s how to claim DSTV decoder insurance. But do you get a new decoder when you make your claim? That’s what most people would prefer. However, that is not what always happens. Whether or not you will get a new decoder depends on the circumstances of your loss.
If your decoder has been damaged due to mechanical or electrical malfunction, fire, theft, flood or explosion, the device will be replaced from service stock. That means you will get a decoder that has been repaired.
On the otehr hand, if the decoder has been totally damaged due to fire, explosion, lightning or flood, you will get a new decoder. The new device will be the same of similar to the one that was damaged.
That’s how to claim DSTV insurance. In this article, we noted that people take out insurance on their decoders in case of loss due to fire, theft, flooding, explosion and other hazards. The good news is that DSTV decoder insurance is not expensive. You can check out our DSTV insurance costs article.