Are you looking for information on how to check the weather on a DSTV Explora? The Explora is one of the best decoders that you will be able to find out there. The latest DSTV decoder is the Explora Ultra. The ability to check the weather has been there on DSTV decoders for years. The feature can be found on all DSTV decoder types. It’s a convenient service that you can use to catch up on both local, regional and international whether forecasts. So, how do you access the weather on DSTV?
Steps to access the weather on an Explora decoder
The following is how to check the weather on a DSTV Explora;
- Click on the Apps button on your Explora remote to go to the Apps area on your decoder. You can also click on the OK button and you will be taken to the same place.
- Scroll to the People’s Weather app and click on OK.
- On the next screen, you have four options. To check out the weather in South Africa, click on the appropriate section. You can also choose to see the weather in the rest of Africa and internationally.
- After clicking on the South Africa option, you can narrow down your forecast by choosing the province that you are interested in.
- When you choose your preferred province, go to the city that you are interested in and click on OK. You will now have a forecast for that particular city.
- When done, click on the back button till you have removed the weather section from your screen. You can also simply click on the LIVE TV button to get back to your live screen.
Where else can you get the weather?
That’s how to check the weather on a DSTV Explora decoder. As you can see from the above instructions, it’s not that complicated. But what options do you have for checking out local and international weather?
In this day and age, there are many options for those looking to catch up on weather conditions around the world. If you have a smart TV, you can do that on there as an example.
If you TV has Google Assistant and is connected to the internet, you can quickly check out the weather using that. You can also get your weather forecast directly online.
In this post, we showed you how to check the weather on a DSTV Explora. We noted that the process is easy. DSTV decoders have long come with the ability to check the weather. That’s handy, because you don’t need to have data to do it. With the Explora, you get local, regional and international weather forecasts.