Do you wish to learn how to check your data balance on a Cell C router. Many people use Cell C SIM cards in their internet routers. We have previously written on how to check your balance on a Cell C phone. In this particular instance, we are focusing on routers. The challenge here is that routers do not have the same functionalities as phones. On a phone its easy to check your balance. On routers, most people are forced to remove the SIM cards that are in the devices and place them in phones before they can check their balances. Clearly, that’s not the ideal method. So, how do you view your Cell C router’s data balance without removing the SIM from the device?
How to Check Data Usage on Cell C Router
You have several options if you want to check your data balance on a Cell C router;
- Most Cell C provided routers actually come with USSD functionality. This applies whether one is talking about mobile routers or fixed fibre routers. As an example, the Huawei B525 that’s provided by Cell C allows you to check your balance using USSD. To use this function, you need to log into your router using the default I.P address. Next, click on Tools and then go to USSD. Now type in *101# for prepaid, or *147# for contract and press send. Proceed as you would on a phone.
- Another option is the one that we have already mentioned, you can check the balance on your Cell C router by removing the SIM from the router and inserting it into a phone. From there, you can use the USSD codes given above to view your balance.
- Alternatively, you check the Cell C data balance on your router by logging into the Cell C website. Once logged in, you can easily check your balances.
- You can also get the balances on your router by dialing 135 on your phone and talking to a CellC agent.
- Lastly, you can check the data balance on a router using the Cell C mobile app.
Why is this an issue?
We have already noted why this is an issue. A router does not have the intuitive functionality of a phone. Most people do not know how to access USSD on their routers. That becomes a problem if you want to check your Cell C data balance on the router.
The process of getting your data balance is rather convoluted. Either you remove the SIM from the router and insert it into a phone, or you learn how to access USSD on your particular router model. We showed you how to do it on one device, the Huawei B525.
If you have further questions, leave them on our Cell C forum or below.