Do you wish to change the WiFi password on your Rain 5G router? Rain has been trending over the past year, and their 5G offering has a lot of people excited. If you have been using Rain 5G, you will know that they provide the Huawei 5G CPE Pro router. Clients are “free to use,” this router as long as they remain on the Rain network. One thing that you will be looking to do from time to time is to change the WiFi password on the Rain Huawei 5G CPE Pro.
How to Change the WiFi Password on the Rain Huawei 5G CPE Pro Router
The following is how to change the Rain 5G router WiFi password;
- First, you need to connect your computer to your Rain network. This can also work on a phone or tablet.
- Once connected, open a browser and type in the default Huawei router IP. For the CPE Pro, that’s 192.168.8.1.
- Press enter and you will be taken to the login page for the device. Log in using the default Huawei router username and password. For most Huawei routers, admin is both the username and password.
- You may be asked to create a new password for your router. Make sure to choose a strong password. Here, we are talking about the router password and not the WiFi password. You will be changing from the default which we have noted is admin.
- Now click on WiFi Settings.
- Next, click on WiFi Basic Settings.
- You can now change the WiFi password.
- Save your changes.
- Reconnect your devices using your new Rain 5G router WiFi password.
Why change your Rain 5G router WiFi password?
That’s how to change the Rain 5G router WiFi password. If you use another router, you will have to look up information for that specific model. Anyway, are you aware that one of the most searched for terms on Google in South Africa is “how to hack my neighbor’s WiFi?” Clearly, there are crafty people are looking to steal your internet.
What sometimes happens is that out of a sense of neighborliness, you could have given your password to a neighbor or two. They, in turn, would have shared the spirit of ubuntu with others in the neighborhood.
Before you know it, everyone will be using your network. If you check how many devices are connected at any point in time, you will be shocked. Rain’s internet may be billed as unlimited, but that doesn’t mean you should become the donor for tens of people.
You will then notice that your internet has slowed down dramatically. In that case, you will know that it’s time to learn how to change your Huawei 5G CPE Pro router WiFi password.
Here is how to activate a Rain SIM card.
Pick a strong password
One thing that we need to mention is that you should change the Huawei 5G CPE Pro router’s WiFi password into something that’s difficult to break. Otherwise you will soon have the same issue of people hacking in.
There are teenagers out there who can do so seemingly with ease. The best way to best them is by having a hard to break password. Don’t use your name or your children’s names as your password.
Include alphanumeric characters in your password. That’s mixing letters and numbers. Also have capitals in your password along with symbols such as *&^%$#@!
That makes it very difficult for anyone to guess what your password is. Also, when you change the Rain 5G router WiFi password, make sure that your password is at least 10 characters long.
In this article, we learn how to change the Rain 5G router WiFi password. We noted that Rain uses the Huawei CPE Pro for their 5G. People are given this device for free. Should you ever leave the network, Rain will take back the device.
Anyway, learning how to change the Huawei 5G CPE Pro router WiFi password may become necessary if you suspect that people have hacked into your network. Be sure to pick a strong password, in any event.
If you have comments, you can post them on our Rain discussions forum. Our panel will be happy to look for the correct answers for you.