Do you wish to learn how to change ownership of your DSTV decoder? We will outline the steps in this article. DSTV is the most popular entertainment destination in South Africa. You are here because you wish to switch ownership of your decoder. Maybe you have acquired a decoder that’s in somebody else’s names. It’s usually simpler to buy your own decoder, but that’s another issue altogether. So, how do you change your decoder ownership?
How to change ownership of your DSTV decoder
The following is how to change your DSTV ownership in South Africa;
- You will need to download the DSTV change of ownership form.
- Complete the form.
- Attach the required documents.
- Leave the form at your nearest Multichoice Service Centre.
- You can also email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It’s also possible to fax the form to 0115774901.
Which documents do I need?
That’s how to change your DSTV ownership. We noted in the above section that there are some documents that you are going to need to provide. But what are these documents?
- A South African ID belonging to the person to whom the decoder is being transferred.
- Proof of purchase if you bought it from a second hand retailer.
- Executor’s letter if you are inheriting the decoder from a deceased relative.
Why would you change your decoder ownership
In this article, we showed you how to transfer ownership of a DSTV decoder into your name. We noted that this is something that some people do for one reason or the other. But why would you change ownership of a decoder?
People usually do this after buying used decoders. Perhaps you found it at an auction or elsewhere. In that case, changing ownership means it will now become yours.
Other people change ownership after getting their decoders as gifts or after inheriting the decoder from dead relatives. In these cases, you may wish to change your decoders’ ownership.
It’s better to buy your own decoder
Truth is, DSTV decoders are not very expensive. Learning how to change DSTV decoder ownership is not really necessary in our view. It’s easier in terms of managing the decoder to have it in your name.
Find out how to pay DSTV using the FNB app