Do you wish to learn how to activate your DSTV subscription for the first time after making your payment? Perhaps you are new to DSTV, or maybe you have gotten a new decoder. After everything has been installed and set up in your home, you will notice that the only channel that you will have is channel 100. To get all the other channels, your subscription needs to be activated. But how do you do this?
How to activate DSTV subscription after payment
The following is how to activate your DSTV subscription for the first time after making your payment;
- Write down the decoder’s Smart Card number.
- Also write down the decoder’s serial number and the IUC number. You can find these numbers on the decoder.
- Turn on the decoder and make sure that channel 100 is showing.
- Select channel 200 on the decoder. This channel will be showing an error stating that you need to activate your subscription.
- Call DSTV customer care and ask them to activate the decoder. You will need to provide them with the smart card number, IUC and serial number, along with your full name, address, mobile phone number and email address.
- Your decoder will now be activated.
Which numbers to call
That’s how to activate your DSTV decoder for the first time. The first thing that you need to do is to make your payment. You can then activate the decoder. We noted here that you need to call DSTV. But which numbers do you call?
Here is the DSTV call centre number for Johanessburg. If you are in Cape Town, here is the DSTV call centre number. For other locations, simply carry out a search on this website to find the correct number to call.
You can get a technician to do it for you
In this post, we showed you how to activate your DSTV decoder for the first time in South Africa. Perhaps you have just bought a new decoder. Or maybe it’s a new installation.
The process is not that difficult. But you can have it done by the technician installing the decoder. When they make the installation, make sure they leave everything up and running.
But if you are just switching from one decoder to another, there is really no need to hire a technician to activate the new decoder. It’s something that you can do yourself by calling DSTV.
In this article, we showed you how to activate your DSTV decoder for the first time after making your payment. It was noted that your decoder is not automatically activate.
However, the process of activating your DSTV subscription after making a payment is simple enough that you can do it yourself. All that you need is your decoder’s serial number and IUC along with your personal details.
With this information, call DSTV and they will be able to activate your decoder. The process is simple and you will be done in a couple of minutes.