Do you wish to find out how to cancel your Telkom South Africa landline? Perhaps you have moved to another service and you no longer need the line. Or maybe your company has closed up. Note that if you are simply moving to another location, it’s possible to transfer your number. Anyway, the following is how to cancel your Telkom fixed line;
How to Cancel a Telkom Fixed Line Online
The following is how to cancel a Telkom landline online;
- The first thing that you need to do is to log into My Profile on the Telkom website. Click on the Login button to the top right of the screen. Many people never bother to create profiles. In that case, you will need register first. Click on the Register button.
- Once logged in, click on Manage Accounts.
- Click on the account that you wish to cancel.
- Click on Cancel.
- You may be required to upload documents that include your ID.
- Keep the reference number that you get as part of the process safe.
How long does it take for the cancellation request to be processed?
That’s how to cancel a Telkom fixed landline. The online process is you only giving Telkom a cancellation notice. That notice runs for 30 days. It doesn’t mean everything will be cancelled there and then.
Your request will be processed within 7 days. You will receive your normal bill for that month. However, the final bill will only come after about 60 days. That’s when the service will officially end.
You may be interested in learning how to forward Telkom landline calls to a mobile number.
Why learn how to cancel a Telkom landline
We have shown you how to cancel a Telkom fixed line. We noted that this can be done easily online. But why would you cancel? There are plenty of reasons out there why people end up going down this router.
Maybe you have moved to another provider. Or maybe your company has closed shop. A lot of businesses have been doing that of late. Some people cancel because they have now switched primarily to mobile, thus invalidating the need for a landline.
Whatever your reasons, this post has shown you the Telkom landline cancellation steps. If you have further question, post them on our Telkom discussions forum or below. You may also be interested in testing your internet speed.