Do you wish to find out how to buy Telkom data using your bank card? Perhaps you have run out of data and you wish to make your purchase directly via a bank card? Is it possible to do so on Telkom? Or do you have to use mobile banking to buy Telkom data?
Options for Buying Telkom Data with Bank Card
There are many options for buying Telkom data using your bank card. Unfortunately, Telkom does not have the facility where you can do so directly from your phone as is the case with Vodacom and MTN. But you can still use your FNB, ABSA, Capitec, Standard Bank and other bank cards to buy Telkom Data in the following ways;
- You can buy Telkom data from a nearby shop using your bank card. Or you can buy airtime. Once you have bought that, you can then convert it into data bundles.
- Another option is to buy Telkom data from the Telkom website.
- You can also buy Telkom data online using your bank or debit card. There are many online stores offering this, including Takealot. Choose the data bundle that you wish to buy and click on Add to Cart. Next, click on Go to Cart. From there, click on Proceed to Checkout. You will need to create an account to proceed with your purchase. Takealot offers many payment options, including debit and credit cards.
- Alternatively, you can buy Telkom airtime directly from your banking app. This facility is available on FNB and all the other banks.
- If you are registered for mobile banking, your can use that to buy Telkom airtime. You don’t need a bank card to do so however. Once registered, you will be able to make your purchase directly from your phone via USSD.
Is this what you were looking for?
That’s how to buy Telkom data using your bank card. However, this may not be what you were looking for. In all probability, you were looking for a way of buying directly from your phone as is the case with Vodacom and MTN. There, you simply dial a USSD code, after which you can buy using your card. You either input the CVV or your ATM PIN to complete the purchase.
Such a facility is not available on Telkom mobile in South Africa, hence you will need to be creative if you wish to buy Telkom data using your bank card. Probably the most convenient way is to simply buy the data from a nearby store. Almost all stores sell airtime and data.
Feel free to leave a comment below or on our Telkom discussions forum. Do you think Telkom should imitate Vodacom and MTN on this issue?