Need to find out how to buy MTN airtime using a bank credit or debit card? This is another option for those looking to top up their MTN phones. Most people are familiar with the men and women on street corners selling scratch cards. Others buy their airtime from garages, stores and from other places. The option to buy via your bank card is good because it means you can top up your SIM from anywhere. The facility is called MTN Eazi Recharge. So, how do you recharge your MTN airtime with a credit or debit card?
How to recharge MTN South Africa airtime using credit or debit card
The following is how to buy MTN airtime using a South African bank card;
- To get started, you need to dial the USSD code *136*10# on your MTN phone.
- When accessing this functionality for the first time, you will need to register. The process involves entering your bank card details.
- Once registration is done, you can use the same USSD code to buy MTN Eazi Recharge airtime, data, SMSes and bundles.
- To buy MTN Eazi Recharge airtime, you simply need to dial *136*10#. Next, choose whether you wish to buy data, airtime or any of the other available options.
- From there, type in the amount with which you wish to top up.
- Next, accept the terms and conditions.
- Now you can choose the card that you wish to use. You can have a number of bank cards on file.
- Finally, you are required to enter your bank card’s CVV and PIN before confirming your purchase.
The following are the banks whose credit and debit cards can be used to buy MTN airtime;
- Standard Bank
You may be interested in find what subscriptions are running on your phone.
Why buy MTN airtime using a bank card?
That’s how to buy MTN airtime using your bank card. You can use a credit card or a debit card. But why use this process? Well, the process is fairly convenient.
Instead of first looking for cash to buy airtime from the street and then top up your phone, you can buy MTN airtime directly using your debit card.
It’s a fairly easy process. And you don’t have to register with your bank. It means anybody that has a bank card can buy airtime from anywhere in the country.
Hopefully, you have found this article useful. If you have something to add, you can do so on our Forum. Or you can post your comments below.