Do you wish to learn how to buy Recharger prepaid electricity? Recharger is one of the biggest providers of prepaid electricity meters in South Africa. They are a sub-metering company, meaning they get their power from Eskom or from your Municipality. To date, they have sold over a quarter a million meters to homes and businesses around the country. But where can you buy a Recharger prepaid electricity voucher?
Where to buy Recharger prepaid electricity
The following is how to buy Recharger prepaid electricity;
- You can buy a Recharger prepaid electricity token from most of the major stores in South Africa. These include Dischem, Shoprite, Boxer stores, Spar, Checkers and many more.
- It’s also possible to buy Recharger tokens from your bank. If you are registered for your bank’s online banking, you can use this to buy electricity. You can also buy electricity using your bank’s app. It’s also possible to use your bank’s USSD cellphone banking to buy a Recharger token. Banks that offer this include Standard Bank, Nedbank, Absa and FNB.
- Most of the country’s fuel service stations also sell Recharger prepaid electricity vouchers. These include Shell, Engen, BP, Sasol and Caltex.
- Recharger also has an online portal where you can buy your token.
- Mobile vendors such as Kazang and Flash also sell Recharger vouchers.
What do I need?
In order to buy a Recharger electricity token, you need to have your prepaid meter number. You can usually find the meter number on the meter itself. It’s also possible to use a code to find the meter number. Write it down somewhere and this will be used when making your token purchase.
What’s the most convenient option?
So far in this article, we have shown you how to buy Recharger prepaid electricity. As you can see, there are many options for doing this. You probably won’t have an issue buying your tokens. But which option is the most convenient?
The answer to that is going to depend on you. For many people, mobile apps tend to be convenient. It’s a simple matter of buying your token from your phone.
Others prefer to buy their electricity from nearest outlets. Again, it’s all up to you. If you live near a service station, then you can go there to buy electricity.
How does recharger work?
Recharger is a prepaid electricity sub metering company. They don’t produce electricity meters. What they do is to make it easy for tenants and landlords to manage electricity use.
Let’s say you have a property that you are renting out to 5 people. You will have a prepaid electricity meter that’s provided by Eskom or by your municipality. But how do you manage use among the 5 tenants?
This is where Recharger comes in. They are in the same league as Citiq. The Recharger meters get installed after that meter. Each of your tenants will have their own meter. They will have to buy a token to continue using electricity.
So, you will still be getting a bill from Eskom. Or maybe you will still be buying Eskom tokens or tokens from your municipality such as Ekurhuleni. Prepaid sub-metering is crucial because it means there won’t be disputes involving electricity use.
Learn what to do if your Ekurhuleni prepaid meter is blocked
In this article we showed you how to buy Recharger prepaid electricity. It was noted that Recharger is a sub-metering company. They use meters from different manufacturers such as Hexing and Gemlite. If you have installed a recharger meter on your property, the good news is that there are many places from which you can buy electricity tokens.
Here are the Recharger prepaid meter codes