What is the FNB USSD to buy airtime? The fact that you are here means you have probably already registered for FNB mobile banking. One of the major functions that you get when you do this is the ability to buy airtime with the money that’s in your bank account. No longer do you need to first withdraw cash from an ATM in order to purchase airtime from your nearest store or from the street corner. With mobile banking, you can buy airtime quickly and easily via USSD. The good thing is that this can be done from anywhere in South Africa. And you don’t need airtime to buy FNB airtime. These USSD transactions are free.
How to buy FNB airtime using mobile banking
The FNB USSD to buy airtime is *120*321#. In order to buy airtime using cellphone banking, you need to do the following;
- Dial *120*321# from a phone that’s registered for FNB cellphone banking.
- Choose Prepaid from the options that pop up.
- Next, choose Airtime
- If you wish to buy airtime for yourself, choose Me. If you are buying for someone else, choose Enter Num
- Now you will need to choose the amount of airtime that you wish to buy.
- In the next menu, you will need to confirm your purchase.
- You will now get notification via SMS giving your details of your purchase.
Who is this for?
That’s the FNB USSD to buy airtime. In this article, we also showed you how to buy FNB airtime using cellphone banking. But who is this faciility for? The great thing about cellphone banking is that it’s accessible to anyone.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have airtime. You can still access your bank via USSD free of charge. It doesn’t even matter if you are in some far off place in South Africa.
Once you have linked your SIM to your bank card, you can carry out a wide range of activities, including buying airtime and making transfers.
In this post, we showed you the FNB USSD to buy airtime. We noted that you need to have signed up for mobile banking in order to benefit from this facility. Once you have connected your bank to your SIM, buying airtime will be a simple matter of dialing the required USSD code.