Are you grappling with the DSTV no signal issue? If yes, then you will be glad to know that you are not alone and that there are solutions to this issue. In South Africa, DSTV is the number one option for those looking for all round TV viewing. There are other contenders, such as Netflix and Showmax, but DSTV remains the choice for South Africans. When you encounter the no signal issue, what should you do?
What to do when you encounter the DSTV no signal e48-32 issue
The solution to the DSTV no signal issue is going to depend on the cause of the problem in the first place. The following is how to fix the DSTV signal problem;
- Reboot your DSTV decoder. Most of the times, that’s all you need in order to solve the DSTV no signal issue. You can reboot the device by unplugging it from the power socket or by long pressing on the standby button on your remote. You can also perform a reboot by long pressing on the power button on the decoder.
- Check to see if there are no heavy clouds outside. If there are such clouds, there is nothing much that you are going to be able to do other than to wait for the rains to pass.
- Make sure that your F-connectors are firmly screwed into your decoder. Also make sure that the back end of this connector is in contact with the stripped wires on the cable coming from your LNB.
- Make sure that your satellite dish has not been moved from it’s position by high winds. In the event that this has happened, you may need to get a technician to realign it on your behalf.
- Also ensure that you LNB is still in sound working order. You can do this by physically inspecting the device. Should there be rust on there, you will have to clean it up.
- Finally, in the event that all the above steps have failed to help, the next option for you will be to find a qualified technician near you to check out your DSTV installation on your behalf.
DSTV no signal after power outage
A lot of people have been encountering the DSTV no signal issue due to the power cuts that have been happening around the country. In most cases, the solution is simply to unplug the decoder and then to wait at least 5 minutes. After this, reconnect the decoder to the power outlet. Allow the decoder to reboot.
What causes this issue?
Those are the solutions to the DSTV no Signal issue. In most instances, you can resolve e4832 errors on your own without having to hire a technician. However, in the event that you are stuck, you need to get some expert help.
But what causes the e48-32 error in the first place? There are several reasons why you may encounter this issue. We have already noted some of them in the above list of solutions. Usually, the loss of signal is caused by bad weather. If there is a heavy storm passing by, your reception may be affected.
The second reason for DSTV signal issues are bad connections. They could be on the decoder itself, or on the LNB. Another possible issue is misalignment. That usually happens in heavy wind. Should you dish be moved even by a few degrees, then chances are high that you won’t be able to get reception.
In this article, we talked about the DSTV no signal issue. It was noted that there are many causes to this problem. How you resolve the issue depends on its cause. If it’s caused by bad weather, you are going to have to wait for that to pass. There is nothing more than you can do. If your decoder’s loss of signal is caused by misalignment, you will have to get a qualified person to sort out the issue.