What are the Cell C LTE APN settings? You are here because you wish to find that information. One of the broadband packages offered by Cell C is referred to as Home Connecta Flexi. If you have gotten your router as part of this package, it likely that it will come already configured with Cell C internet APN settings. However, most people choose to use their own routers. Should you be using a 4G router that’s not provided by Cell C, you will need to set up the Cell C Home Connecta APN Settings;
Cell C Home Connecta APN Settings
The following are the Cell C 4G LTE APN settings for your router or phone;
|Profile Name||Cell C LTE|
How to set up Cell C LTE APN Settings on a Huawei B315 and B618
Those are the Cell C LTE APN settings. People who sign up with Cell C’s fixed 4G offering usually get Huawei B315 and B618 routers. In this section, we are going to show you how to set up Cell C 4G internet settings on these routers;
- To get started, you need to connect your computer or phone to your Cell C internet.
- Open a browser (Chrome, Firefox or any other) and type 192.168.8.1 into the address bar. That’s the default IP for Huawei B315 and B618 routers. Press enter.
- Now click on Connection Settings.
- You will need to log in using the default Huawei router password and username. That’s usually admin for both the username and for the password.
- Next, click on Dial Up.
- Under Dial Up, click on Profile Management.
- Now you need to click on New Profile.
- Set up the new profile using the above details.
- Save the new profile.
- Make sure that you have entered the correct information before clicking on the Apply button.
- You should now have internet connection.
Why bother with Cell C 4G APN Settings?
Those are the Cell C LTE APN settings. But why should you bother with APN settings in the first place? Well, we noted that in some instances, you don’t need to bother. If you bought your router from Cell C, it will come preconfigured with the correct settings.
However, most people simply buy the SIM or they convert to the Home Connecta Flexi plan without buying the router. In most instances, people will already have their own routers. So, it’s a simple matter of inserting the Cell C SIM into the router.
Unfortunately, you won’t automatically receive APN settings when you do this. You will need to configure them manually. Hence you need the Cell C LTE APN settings.
What is an APN anyway?
APN stands for Access Point Name. It’s the gateway through which your LTE router gets internet from Cell C. Without the correct APN settings, you won’t have internet connectivity. So, this is crucial. It’s the reason why so many people are looking for the Cell C 4G APN.
Do you have questions? You can post them either on our Cell C broadband forum or in the comments section below.