Are you having the Showmax not working on Samsung smart TV issue? Samsung is probably the biggest brand in South Africa when it comes to smart TVs. Meanwhile, Showmax is a streaming service from Multichoice. It allows people to watch their favorite shows from any device that’s connected to the internet. You are here because you have a Samsung Smart TV, but you can seem to be able to get Showmax to work on it. How do you proceed?
How to get Showmax on Samsung Smart TV
- Make sure that your Samsung Smart TV supports Showmax. It’s something above which we talk in greater detail below. Here we can only say you need a Samsung Smart TV from 2012 onwards to be able to get Showmax. If you have a Samsung Tizen Smart TV, that needs to be from 2015 onwards.
- Make sure that you have a good internet connection. Again, we talk about this below. You can check out our article on internet speeds needed for Showmax streaming in South Africa.
- It may be that Showmax is not working at all. In that case, you may wish to check the Showmax server to find out whether or not it is up. If it’s down, then you will know that it’s not you but it’s Showmax.
- One thing that you can do to resolve the Showmax not working on Samsung Smart TV issue is to do a hard restart on your TV. Simply unplug it from the power outlet and wait 5 minutes before rebooting. Try to connect to Showmax one more time.
- It’s also possible that you are having issues because the Showmax app that you have on your TV is out of date. You need to make sure that the one that you have is the latest. That will assure smoother viewing.
- You should also update the Operating System on your Samsung Smart TV. This can be done from the TV’s settings.
- Another possible solution is to relog into the Showmax account. First, log out from your Smart TV. Then open the app and log in one more time.
- You can also uninstall the Showmax app, before reinstalling it. That could be the solution that you are looking for in order to resolve your problems.
Which Samsung smart TVs are supported?
That’s the solution to the Showmax not working on Smart TV issue. The good thing is that there are several things that you can do to remedy that situation. But what could be the cause for this issue? Showmax only works on the following Samsung TVs;
- Samsung Smart TVs from 2012 onwards
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs from 2015 onwards
Causes of the Showmax not working on Samsung Smart TV issue
There could be several reasons why you are having trouble getting Showmax to work on your Samsung smart TV. The following are a few of them;
- Maybe you have a Samsung Smart TV from before 2012. In that case, the TV will not be supported. Or maybe you have a Samsung Tizen Smart TV from before 2015. Again, that TV will not be supported and you will have trouble getting Showmax to work. If you have a Pro subscription, you need Samsung Tizen Smart TVs from 2017 onwards to be able to get Showmax to work.
- Another reason why you may be having issues with Showmax could be because of poor internet connectivity. In general, internet speeds in South Africa allow for streaming. However, there may be issues here and there if the speed of your connection is rather poor. According to Showmax, it’s recommended that you have an uncapped 4Mbps connection to get the optimal viewing experience. However, speeds of 2Mbps will work just fine.
- If you don’t have the latest firmware for your Smart TV, you could also end up having issues with Showmax and with other applications. So, you need to ensure that your TV is always updated. There are different ways of doing this depending on the model that you have.
In this article, we covered the Showmax not working on Samsung Smart TV issue. It was noted that Samsung TVs are very popular across South Africa. If you have one, you may find yourself in a situation where Showmax refuses to work on the device. There are several possible solutions to this problem, all of which have been outlined above.