Are you looking for the MTN South Africa SIM Swap USSD code? MTN is the second biggest mobile network in the country. Many of their customers find themselves having to swap their SIM cards every now and again. Perhaps you are doing it because yours has stopped working. But is there an MTN SIM swap self service? That would make life very easy for you. It would enable you to swop your MTN SIM without having to visit an MTN shop.
MTN South Africa SIM Swap Self Service
The MTN SIM swap USSD code is *135*3#. You need to dial this code from your new MTN SIM card. There are a couple of steps that you need to go through, however, before you can use the MTN SIM swap code. These steps are given below.
Before you can swap your MTN SIM card
Before you can use the MTN SIM swap USSD code, you need to do the following;
- First, you need to buy a new MTN SIM card. Presumably, you have already done this. MTN SIM cards can be bought from the nearest MTN store or from a wide range of other stores.
- Next, you will need to RICA your new MTN SIM card. All SIM cards in South Africa need to be RICA registered, so there is no getting around this step.
- Once your have registered your MTN SIM card, you will need to activate it. Here is how to activate an MTN SIM card.
- You can now use the MTN SIM Swap USSD code which is *135*3#. You will be asked to enter the number for the old SIM. That’s the number that you wish to swap onto the new SIM.
- You will now receive a message detailing what you need to do to swap your MTN number onto the new SIM card.
- Go through the process. You will get a message when you have succeeded in swapping your number.
Why swap your MTN SIM?
Hopefully this information has been useful to you. But why look for the MTN SIM swap USSD code in the first place. Well, most people do it after encountering problems with their old SIM cards.
Perhaps your old SIM is now damaged, or it is incompatible with your phone. In that case, you will need an easy way of swapping your SIM. The MTN SIM swap self service is a good option.
Here is how to buy MTN minutes
In this article, we gave you the MTN SIM swap USSD code. That’s the code that you use to quickly and easily move your MTN number onto a new SIM card.
If you have further questions, please post them on our Forum. Our experts stand ready to help you in whatever way possible. You can also leave your comment below.