Do you wish to learn how to stop Amazon Prime Video buffering in South Africa. Prime Video is a streaming service that’s available across the world, including in South Africa. It’s in direct competition with Netflix and Showmax. If you are in South Africa, you can enjoy Prime Video for as little as R79 per month. One challenge that you are likely to encounter when streaming shows off Amazon Prime video in South Africa is buffering. So, what do you do if Amazon Prime Video keeps stopping?
Amazon Prime Video keeps stopping: What do I do?
The following is how to stop Amazon Prime Video buffering;
- The first thing that you can do to stop Amazon Prime Video buffering is to get a better internet connection. In the majority of cases, buffering happens because your connection is not up to standard. There are many ISPs in South Africa. Find one that works well in your area. In general, fibre connections tend to be better than all other connections. It has to be noted, however, that a lot of people encounter buffering even when they stable connections. So, what do you do in that case?
- Another thing that you can do to stop buffering on Prime Video is to reduce your streaming quality. Lower streaming qualities require less bandwidth. It means if you have a slow internet connection, you will still be able to watch your shows, albeit at a lower quality.
- You can also resolve issues of buffering by restarting your router. Thiis works if the router is behind the poor connectivity issues that you have been having.
- Another option is to restart your computer or your phone. What happens when you do this is that the cache on the device gets cleared during the restart. If that was the cause of buffering, then you will have solved the issue.
- You also have the option to download whatever it is that you wish to watch. You don’t have to stream directly. If you have been encountering buffering, simply download the movie or series onto your computer. That should allow you to have a seamless streaming experience.
What causes Prime Video buffering
That’s how to stop Amazon Prime video buffering in South Africa. But what causes the issue in the first place. We have already noted that in some instances, buffering is caused by poor internet connections.
However, if you go online, you will note that a lot of people who are having this issue actually have good connections. There are people with 100 Mbps connections who encounter buffering.
The issue appears to be with Amazon Prime servers. They probably sometimes get overwhelmed from time to time. As a result, people, even those with great connections, starting having the Amazon Prime Video keeps stopping issue.
Note that Prime Video is not the only streaming service that encounters this issue. We have previously mentioned it in relation to buffering on Showmax.
In this post, we showed you how to stop Prime Video buffering. We noted that Prime video has been getting popular in South Africa.
However, a lot of people have been getting issues of buffering. Fortunately, there are several things that you can do to resolve the issue.
Before you go, test your internet speed using our tool. Learn whether or not your connection is enough to stream Amazon Prime videos