Do you wish to find out how to set up a DSTV debit order in South Africa? If yes, then you need to read this article. In one of our recent posts, we showed you the payment options that are available for DSTV subscribers in the country. We noted that debit orders are preferable for reasons that we will give later in this post. But how do you set up a DSTV debit order with your bank?
How Set up DSTV Debit Order Online
If you bank with Standard Bank, Capitec, FNB, Absa or Nedbank, you can quickly and easily set up your DSTV debit order online. The following is how to do it;
- Go to DSTV Self Service and log into your account.
- Next, click on My Account and then choose Set Up Debit Order.
- Fill in your details.
- As part of the process, you will need to confirm that you are the owner of the bank account in question. Note that setting up a debit order is easier if both the DSTV account and the bank account are in your name.
Email to DSTV to set up your debit order
In the event that you bank with a bank other than the 5 that are given above, you will have to write or fax to DSTV in order to set up your debit order. You can send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax the required details to (011) 577-5946. You are required to provide the following details;
- Proof of bank. This can be in the form of a cancelled cheque or a bank statement.
- You will also need to fax or email a copy of your ID.
- Also required is a filled and signed 3rd Party Authority to Debit Bank Account form. This form authorizes DSTV to withdraw money from your account every month. You can set the debit order to run for one, six or twelve months.
It’s also possible to set up a debit order by getting in touch with the company. Here are the contact details for the DSTV Call Center. You will find that you have a number of options for getting in touch.
You can use the DSTV WhatsApp number to get in touch. You can also reach out using the live chat feature on the DSTV website.
Benefits of setting up a DSTV debit order
That’s how to set up a DSTV debit order. But why would you bother going through the process? We have already noted that we previously talked about the available DSTV payment methods. There are many of these options. However, of these, debit orders are probably the most convenient.
A lot of people out there pay their DSTV accounts on a month to month basis. However, that does not always work. If you forget to make your payment, you could very well end up being penalized. You will have to pay a reconnection amount.
Debit orders on the other hand, work on an automated basis. On a set date, DSTV will deduct money from your account. The only challenge will be to ensure that that date syncs with your pay dates. Should they ever grow out of sync, you may have to change your DSTV payment dates.