Are you looking for information on how to Rica your Rain SIM card? Data only network Rain has been drawing more and more customers over the past few years. If you have just bought a Rain SIM, you will need to Rica it before you can use it. The requirement to register SIM cards came into effect across South Africa in 2009. Rain is not for calls, but it was not spared this requirement. All SIM cards on the network need to be registered. So, how do your RICA register a Rain SIM?
How to RICA Register a Rain SIM Card
Rain SIM cards can be RICA registered online. It takes only a few minutes to do so. The following is how to Rica your Rain SIM card;
- To get started, you need to create a Rain account. Information required during the process includes your name, your South African ID or a passport, your email address and your cellphone number. You will also need to provide an address and a password.
- From there, you will be asked to pick a plan.
- Next, you will have to register your payment details. You will also need to make your first payment.
- Finally, you are required to RICA your SIM. During this process, you will have to upload your proof of residence (proof of address). You will also need to do ID verification. Finally, you will need to do a live face recognition test.
Documents required when RICA registering a Rain SIM card online
The following are the documents that you require when registering your Rain SIM card online;
- A scanned copy of your ID o
- If you are a foreign national, you can use your passport to register a Rain SIM card.
- A scanned copy of your proof of residence. That can be a bill or bank statement showing your address.
How do I know if the RICA for my Rain SIM has been successful?
We noted that you are asked to provide an address as part of the process of registering your RAIN SIM card. That’s how you will be contacted regarding the success or failure of your RICA.
When will my SIM be active?
Rain states that your SIM becomes active about 2 hours after you have successfully RICAed it. You will receive a message via SMS and via email telling your that your SIM is now active. So, you need to be on the lookout for those correspondences.
Check out our Forum
In this post, we showed you how to Rica a Rain SIM. Registration is a requirement for all networks in South Africa. It was brought about by the need to stop mobile phones from being used in crime.
If you have comments, leave them below. For those with questions, shout them out on our Forum. We have experts there who are eager to help you.
One thing that we would like to advise people is that they should never get other people to RICA their SIM cards on their behalf. If you do this, you will have problem replacing that SIM in the even that it is stole.
We have seen that happen a lot across the networks. People buy SIM cards from the street that are already registered. In fact, that’s actually touted as a selling point; you don’t have to worry about registering your SIM.
But it becomes an issue when your phone is stole. You will probably not be able to replace that SIM. That can be problematic if you have been using it for business and other important engagements. Anyway, that’s how to Rica register a Rain SIM.
Check out our post on Telkom APN settings for ZTE routers.