Do you wish to learn how to remove the screen lock PIN on your Huawei phone? We will show you how it’s done in this post. Huawei phones are very popular in South Africa. At the time of writing this article, they were used by about 24% of smartphone users in the country. In fact, they are second in popularity after Samsung phones, which are used by nearly 48% of smartphone. On some Huawei phones, the None option is disabled, making it difficult to remove the screen lock. Fortunately, there is a way around this;
Disable screen lock on Huawei phones
The following is how to remove the screen lock PIN on a Huawei phone;
- Click on Settings on your Samsung phone.
- Go to Screen lock & passwords.
- Open Passwords.
- Enter your current password and click on Next.
- Click on Pattern.
- You will be asked if you wish to disable fingerprint verification. Click on Continue.
- Draw a simple pattern and click on continue.
- Confirm your choice by redrawing the pattern.
- Enter the backup PIN and press on Continue.
- You will be required to confirm your backup PIN.
- Now lock the screen.
- You will be asked to enter your pattern. Intentionally choose the wrong pattern 5 times.
- Your phone will be disabled for 30 seconds. You will be now have the Enter backup PIN option at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter your backup PIN.
- Now your screen lock will be removed. You can now unlock your Huawei phone by simply swiping across the screen.
The steps are different depending on your device model
Huawei is a huge phone manufacturer out there and they have many models. As you can see in the above steps, there are some models where it is difficult to remove the lock screen password.
However, on most, such as the Y7A you simply need to click on Biometrics & Password in Settings. From there, choose Disable lock screen password. On these devices, there is no need to go through the convoluted steps outlined above to remove your PIN.
Why disable the lock screen password?
This article was dedicated to showing you how to remove the lock PIN on a Huawei phone. However, it’s not something that we recommend, particularly in South Africa, where there are many phone snatchings every day.
Our phones are invariably linked to the most important parts of our lives. If you allow unauthorized people to have access, you could lose your banking and other details.
But a lot of people seek to remove the PIN to have easy access to their phones. It can certainly be annoying to have to enter a PIN each time that you wish to do something on the device.
Here is the Huawei router default IP address