Do you wish to find out how to register for Nedbank cellphone banking? Nedbank is one of the major financial institutions in South Africa. It offers a wide range of products to people. That includes mobile banking. You are here because you wish to sign up for mobile banking with Nedbank. Perhaps you have just opened an account. Or maybe you have had an account all along and you are just getting around to trying out mobile banking. So, how do you get started?
How to register for Nedbank mobile banking
The following is how to register for Nedbank cellphone banking;
- Dial *120*001# from the phone that you wish to use for Nedbank Cellphone banking.
- Choose the option to create a PIN using your bank card.
- Enter your ID number.
- Type in the last 4 digits on your Nedbank card.
- Enter your ATM PIN number.
- Create a PIN for mobile banking. The PIN needs to have 5 digits. Make sure to write it down somewhere till you have memorized it.
- Now you are registered for cellphone banking.
- Dial *120*001# and enter you PIN to verify that everything is working as it should.
What can you do with Nedbank cellphone banking?
That’s how to register for Nedbank cellphone banking. But what can you do with cellphone banking? Almost all banks in South Africa offer mobile banking. We have previously written on how to register for Tyme Bank mobile bank. Cellphone Banking is a revolutionary feature that allows people to manage their bank accounts and carry out transactions from their phones. The following are some of the things that you can do with cellphone banking;
- Buy airtime, data and SMS.
- Buy electricity.
- Play Lotto.
- Play PowerBall.
- Get a mini statement of your last 5 transactions.
- Send money.
- Make payments.
- Transfer money.
- Manage your Nedbank cards, including blocking them.
Who is this for?
Now you know how to register for Nedbank cellphone banking? But who is cellphone banking for? The answer to that is; it’s for everyone. You may be someone living somewhere in rural South Africa or in a small town. Chances are high that there will be no banks nearby.
In that case cellphone banking makes sense. It means you won’t have to travel far to carry out various transactions. You can do so right from you phone. The great thing about it is that you don’t need to have a smartphone for it to work.
You also don’t need to have airtime or data. Cellphone banking works via USSD. It means everyone, including people who still use those old phones like the Nokia 3310 can still benefit from Cellphone banking. So, in that case mobile banking is better than online banking.
In this article we showed you how to register for Nedbank cellphone banking. We noted that cellphone banking is for everyone. You don’t need data or airtime in your phone in order to make it work. That makes it imperative for all Nedbank customers to register for mobile banking.