Do you wish to learn how to pay DSTV using WhatsApp? That’s something that a lot of people in South Africa are looking to do. DSTV is the go to service for all-round viewing in South Africa and across the continent. However, you need to keep your subscriptions up to date to continue enjoying your favorite shows. We have previously written on the many DSTV payment options that are out there. It was noted in that article that you can pay DSTV using the popular messaging platform, WhatsApp. But how do you do it?
How to make DSTV payments on WhatsApp
The following is how to pay DSTV using WhatsApp in South Africa;
- First, you need to add and save the DSTV Self Service WhatsApp number 060 060 3788 to your phone.
- Once that is done, open WhatsApp and type in Hi.
- Now type in either your ID number or your customer number.
- Enter your surname.
- Choose option 2 to pay your account.
- You will get a balance and the total amount that you need to pay.
- Type Yes to pay.
- Choose your preferred payment option. You can choose to pay online, instore, via EFT details or to set up a debit order.
- To pay instantly, choose Pay Online.
- Next, choose Pay now.
- You will now get a link that takes you to a secure payment platform.
- Here, you will have to choose a payment method. You can make your payment via Instant EFT, credit card, MasterPass or Zapper.
- You can now make your payment.
Is my information safe?
That’s how to pay DSTV using WhatsApp. But is your information safe while transacting this way. You will note that the payment is not made on WhatsApp itself. You are taken to a secure payment gateway where you can make your payment.
In this regard, all your information is absolutely safe. There is always this phobia among South Africans that they are going to lose their important banking data while transacting online. That can sometimes happen, but in this case, you should be safe.
In this post, we showed you how to pay DSTV using WhatsApp. We noted that you need to add the DSTV Self Service number to your phone. Once that is done, you can carry out a wide range of transactions. That including paying your DSTV.
This service brings convenience to people across South Africa. You can make your payment from anywhere, as long as you have internet. And the real beauty is that you can quickly make your payment before your account is suspended. That stops you from incurring DSTV reconnection fees.