Do you wish to learn how to get Rain 5G? This offering from Rain has been trending over the past few years. Many people are attracted by the promise of unlimited data at an affordable price. Note that Rain 5G is supposed to be used in a fixed capacity. It’s for providing internet to your home or office. It’s not to be used in your phone. So, how do you sign up for Rain 5G? And how much is Rain 5G?
How to sign up for Rain 5G
The following is how to get Rain 5G;
- First, you need to go to the Rain website.
- There are number of 5G plans on offer. Choose one that you like best. Your choice will be informed by price and whether or not you wish to stream in HD, HD 1080p and FHD. The cheapest plan is currently the unlimited home 5G basic. It costs R499.
- When you have decided on a plan, click on View and then click on Buy now.
- You will now need to enter your address to see whether or not your area is covered. If your area is not covered, you will not be able to get 5G. Rain’s 5G coverage is currently one of the most extensive in the country. However, much of the country is still uncovered. Currently, Rain’s 5G covers areas in Johannesburg, Tshwane and Cape Town. However, the network continues to grow.
- If your area is covered, then you are in luck. The next thing that you will need to do is to fill in your details. You will be required to enter your banking details as part of the process. We have previously talked about the Rain payment options. Check that article out to find out how your will be charged for Rain 5G.
- Another thing that you will do is to RICA your Rain SIM. This is something that you can do online.
- Once you have completed the process, you will need to wait for Rain to deliver your free 5G router and SIM. Once those have arrived, you can set everything up and you should be good to go.
Do I need to buy a router?
That’s how to get Rain 5G. Overall, it’s an easy process. Everything gets done online. But what about a router? Do you need to buy one? Or can you bring one to the network?
The good news is that you don’t actually need to buy a router when you sign up for Rain 5G. What happens when you sign up is that you get a router free. The router will be delivered to your address.
However, this router is not yours. It remains the property of Rain. Should you decide to cancel your contract, they will come and collect their router. It means you may get a used router when signing up.
Why get Rain 5G?
So, why would you learn how to get Rain 5G? There are several reasons why 5G rocks. The biggest of these is the speed. Yes, if you go online you will get people throwing around a lot of complaints but in general, Rain 5G’s performance is good enough.
There is also the issue of affordability. For R499 per month, you get virtually unlimited data. The cheapest package, as we have already noted, costs R499. You get speeds of at least 25Mbps. You also get streaming speeds of 720p. So, that should be enough for most uses.
You may also be interested in how to change your Rain payment date