Do you wish to find out how to connect a Telefunken smart TV to the internet via WiFi and using and Ethernet cable? If yes, then this article is for you. Telefunken is one of the most popular TV brands in South Africa. That’s largely due to the affordability of their products. You are here because you among the thousands of people who have acquired smart TVs and you are looking to have yours connected to the internet. So, how do you do this?
How to connect a Telefunken TV to the internet using WiFi
The following is how to connect your Telefunken smart TV to the internet via WiFi;
- Turn your Telefunken TV on and press on the Home button on your remote.
- Go to the Settings gear on your screen.
- Next, go to General Settings.
- Scroll to Network and Internet using the arrows on your remote.
- Turn on WiFi.
- WiFi networks will now appear. Choose your wireless network.
- You may be asked to set up security for your WiFi connection as part of this process. Most routers support WPA/WPA2.
- Type in your network’s password using the keyboard that appears on your screen. Press on the OK button on your remote when done.
- Your TV will now be connected to the internet.
- Now you can exit the Settings menu.
How to connect your Telefunken smart TV to the internet using a wired ethernet connection
That’s how to connect your Telefunken smart TV to WiFi. It’s not a very difficult process. The steps may be slightly different depending on your model. However, there shouldn’t be that many differences in what you need to do. The good news is that there in an alternative way through which you can connect your Telefunken smart TV to the internet. You can do so using an Ethernet cable. The following is how to do it;
- Insert one end of your ethernet cable into your router.
- Turn around the Telefunken TV and insert the other end into the appropriate Ethernet port.
- You won’t need to enter a password, so, your TV will now have an internet connection at this point.
Which option is best?
It has been noted in this article that you can connect your Telefunken smart TV using either WiFi or through and ethernet connection. But which option should you go for?
In general, ethernet connections are superior in terms of signal quality. They do not suffer from as much interference as WiFi connections.
So, if the option is available, you may wish to get your TV connected to the internet using a wired Ethernet cable. That’s better than WiFi, which is rather prone to external interference.
What are the benefits of connecting your Telefunken TV to the internet?
In this article, we showed you how to connect your Telefunken smart TV to WiFi. It was noted that you can do it using either a WiFi network or through an ethernet connection.
But why would you bother going through the process? Well, internet is one of the reasons why people buy smart TVs. A smart TV without an active internet connection is just a normal TV.
When you connect your Telefunken smart TV to WiFi, you get access to a practically limitless stream of streaming content. You gain access to such platforms as Netflix and Showmax. You also can play online games on your TV.
Not only that, but you can also surf the internet using your TV. In other words, Smart TVs allow you to do most of the things that you carry out on your computer. The advantage is that you have a much bigger scream, making for a whole new level of entertainment.