Do you wish to find out how to connect a Hisense smart TV to the internet via WiFi or using an Ethernet cable? Hisense is one of the most popular television brands in South Africa. And with seemingly everyone now buying a smart TV, it’s not surprising that so many people are looking at how they set up their TVs correctly. A smart TV is only good when connected to the internet. That gives you access to a wide range of programs, including Netflix, Showmax and YouTube.
How to connect your Hisense smart TV to the internet via WiFi
The following is how to connect your Hisense smart TV to the internet via WiFi;
- First, press the Settings button on your remote. It’s the one with the gear icon.
- Scroll to the Settings icon on your screen.
- On 4K models a menu appears on the left side when you press on the Settings gear on the remote. Scroll down to All.
- Next, go to Network or Network & internet.
- If the TV’s WiFi is off, toggle it to on by pressing on OK on the remote.
- A list of available networks will appear.
- Choose your WiFi network and type in your password.
- Your TV will connect to your WiFi network.
- Open YouTube or any other app to test your connectivity.
Connecting a Hisense smart TV to the internet via Ethernet
That’s how to connect your Hisense smart TV to the internet via WiFi. Note that the steps outlined here may be slightly different depending on the TV model that you have. However, in general, you shouldn’t have difficulty getting to the right setting to set up your connection. The good news is that you also have the option of connecting your TV to the internet using a wired Ethernet cable;
- Connect your Ethernet cable to your router.
- Now plug the cable into the provided port on your TV.
- Wait a few moments and then open the YouTube app. You will now be able to open videos on the channel.
Advantages of using an ethernet cable
That’s how to connect your Hisense smart TV to the internet using WiFi and through an Ethernet cable. But which method should you use? It’s something that a lot of people have been asking.
What we can say is that ethernet offers superior quality when compared to WiFi. You can also see from the above instructions that ethernet is simpler to set up. All that you need to do is to plug the cable into the appropriate port.
The advantage of using an ethernet cable to connect a smart TV to the internet include the fact that ethernet connections suffer from the least number of connectivity issues. There is little to no interference on an Ethernet cable. The same cannot be said of WiFi. Connections done using Ethernet are also extremely stable.
Why should you connect a Hisense smart TV to WiFi?
There are many advantages to connecting your Hisense smart TV to the internet . Smart TVs are still relatively expensive when compared to other types of TV.
So, you want to be able to get the most out of your TV. It wouldn’t do to have a smart TV that you only use as a normal TV. Smart TV are made to be connected to the internet, and this is what you need to be able to do.
Getting connected gives you a lot of benefits, including being able to stream your favorite shows at a time of your convenience. You can do this via DSTV catchup or via Showmax. There are tons of other streaming services that are available out there.