Do you wish to find out how to buy Citiq prepaid electricity. We are going to walk you through the process in this article. Citiq is what is referred to as a prepaid sub-metering solutions provider. They provide metering solutions for landlords, tenants and businesses. You are here because you are a tenant or a landlord at a property where Citiq meters have been installed. How do you buy electricity tokens for these meters?
How to buy Citiq tokens
The following is how to buy Citiq prepaid electricity;
- You can buy Citiq tokens using the Citiq app. Download and install the app on your phone and you can use it to buy tokens.
- It’s also possible to buy tokens from various retail outlets in South Africa. That includes Spar, Shoprite, Boxer, Total, OKFoods, Engen and many more.
- Another option is to buy Citiq prepaid electricity tokens online. To do this, you need to first register as a tenant client. Once registered, you can sign into your account on the Citiq website. Go to New purchase and make your payment using either your credit card or Ozow.
- FLASH vendors also sell Citiq tokens. To make your purchase, you need to have your meter number. You will be provided with a slip containing you token. Enter the token into your meter to top up your electricity.
- Most banks in South Africa allow you to buy electricity using their apps. You can buy Citiq prepaid electricity using the FNB, Standard Bank, Absa, Nedbank and Capitec apps.
- If you have signed up for cellphone banking, you can also use this to buy electricity. All the banks mentioned above allow you to do this using their USSD codes.
- With some banks, you can also buy a token at an ATM. An example of a bank that allows this is Nedbank.
There are many options for buying Citiq prepaid electricity
That’s how to buy Citiq prepaid electricity. As you can see, there are many options for doing so. The goal is to ensure that customers can buy tokens at any time of the day and using the method that’s most convenient to them.
Most people prefer to do so from their phones. In this regard, you have the app and USSD options. USSD tends to be better because you don’t need to have internet to make it work. You do need, however, to have signed up for cellphone banking with your bank.
Most retail stores in South Africa also sell Citiq tokens. So, it’s just a matter of going over to your nearest store or service station to make your purchase. That’s useful for people who do not have online or mobile banking.
You need to be registered with Citiq
We have already noted that Citiq offers sub-metering solutions. You cannot just buy a Citiq token if your meter is not managed by them. So, before buying a token, you can head over to this page to confirm that you have a Citiq meter.
Once you have verified the fact, you can then buy your token. There are a lot of meters out there that are managed by Eskom and by different municipalities. These meters may not be on the Citiq network. In that case, you will need to find out how to by tokens for your particular provider.
Here are the Citiq prepaid meter codes