Do you wish to learn how to activate international roaming on Telkom mobile South Africa. A lot of people think roaming will automatically switch on the moment they get to another country. That’s not what actually happens. If you wish to continue using your Telkom phone while visiting a foreign country, you need to plan ahead. It’s advisable to initiate the process of activating international roaming 7 days before you travel. Otherwise you are going to be inconvenienced.
Telkom International Roaming Activation
The following is how to activate international roaming on Telkom mobile;
- First, you need to download and fill out the Telkom international roaming form. It’s in PDF format.
- When you are done filling it out, send it via email to TM-CBO-INTER@telkommobile.co.za. You can also fax the form to 088 012 311 3872.
- Telkom will SMS, email or call you when international roaming is activated on your phone.
Activating while abroad
We have already noted that it’s advisable to apply to have international roaming activated on your Telkom SIM while you are still in South Africa. However, it’s still possible to have it done while abroad. The following is how to activate international roaming on Telkom from abroad;
- You need to open the Telkom mobile app on your phone.
- Next, go to the SIM Menu/SIM applications.
- Choose International Roaming and then Via Partners.
- From there you will need to restart your phone.
- Your phone will now connect to one of the networks in the country in which you are travelling.
How much does roaming cost?
You need to know that roaming is expensive. It’s probably only viable if you are visiting a country for a day or two. If you are going to stay there for longer, you will be better off getting a local SIM.
In almost all instances, you will have to pay not only when making calls, but also when receiving calls. You can check the roaming costs for the country to which you will be travelling on this page.
There is everything that you need to know about Telkom mobile roaming in Zimbabwe
Why activate international roaming on Telkom mobile?
Roaming can be expensive, so why would you activate it? Truth is, we all want to stay in touch wherever we may be. Perhaps there are people who have promised to contact you on your phone.
Maybe you are waiting for an important work related call. Whatever the case, activating roaming is the best way of staying in touch without having to run around trying to notify everybody that you have a new number.
In this article, we showed you how to activate international roaming on Telkom mobile South Africa. We noted that you can do it either while still in South Africa or when abroad. From South Africa, you will have to fill out an application form. That honestly seems like a needless process for the service.
Anyway you may be interested in finding out what your internet speed is. It’s always important to know whether or not Telkom is giving you the speeds that they promised. Use our Telkom speed test to learn what your speed is.