How long does a SIM swap take on Vodacom in South Africa? As a Vodacom customer, you may find yourself having to swap your SIMs every once in a while. Perhaps your SIM has gotten damaged. Or maybe it’s simply no longer working as expected. But how long does the process of swapping your SIM take on Vodacom? How long will you have to wait before you can start using your new SIM card?
How long does a Vodacom sim swap take to activate?
According to Vodacom, it takes between 2 and 24 hours for a SIM swap to be completed. That’s the amount of time that you need to wait for your new SIM to be activated. In the interim, you need to be patient. Below we show you how to swop your Vodacom SIM.
How to Swap a Vodacom SIM
Now that we have answered the question how long does SIM swap take Vodacom, it’s time for us to show you how to swop your SIM. The following is what you need to do to replace your Vodacom SIM;
- First you need to get a new Vodacom SIM. You can buy a starter pack from all over the place .
- From there, you need RICA the new SIM.
- Once your new SIM has been RICAed, you need to dial 136 on your phone.
- Choose the option to use your old number.
- Your call will now be directed to a Call Center where a consultant will complete the process on your behalf.
- Now you need to put the new SIM into your phone and wait for it to be activated.
That’s the process of swapping your Vodacom SIM card. In this article, we answered the question how long does SIM swap take Vodacom.
Most people who are looking to swap their SIMs get worried about this. If you only have one phone, it means you will be out of contact for the duration of the swap.
So, you need to plan accordingly. It may be better to another phone where you can put the new SIM while it’s awaiting activation.
If you need further clarification, post your issue on our Vodacom forum. Our teams will help you find the right answers.