Do you wish to find out how to change your MTN MiFi password? MTN South Africa boasts of being the second biggest network in the country. The company also has operation elsewhere on the content. For those looking for stable, fast internet, MTN is one of the main choices. A lot of people use MTN SIM cards in MiFi devices. Maybe you bought your MiFi gadget from MTN or from elsewhere. Now you wish to change the password on the device. So, how do you do it?
Steps to change your WiFi password on an MTN MiFi router (Huawei)
The following is how to change your MTN MiFi password;
- First, you need to log into the MiFi router. To do that, connect your phone or computer to your device’s internet and open a browser. Type in 192.168.8.1 and press enter.
- Log in using the default username and password.
- Change the WiFi password by going to Settings, then WLAN. Click on WiFi Basic Settings and then change password. It’s the one that’s referred to as the WPA pre-shared key.
- Not only can you change your WiFi password, but you can also change your admin password from the default. On some Huawei MiFi devices, you have the option to use your WiFi password as your admin password for logging into the device. To change the admin password, go to Settings, System, and then Modify Password.
- Save your changes and exit.
- Reconnect your gadgets using the new password.
There are two passwords
That’s how to change your MTN MiFi password. One thing that you need to note is that there are two sets of passwords on any MiFi router.
First, there is the admin password. That’s for logging into the device. It’s different from the WiFi password. The admin password is important. It’s advisable to change it the first time that you log in.
That’s because the default is usually admin, which is known by everyone. We have already noted that on some Huawei routers you have the option to have the same password for both the admin password and for the WiFi password.
Then there is the WiFi password. It’s for your WiFi network. You need to choose a strong password here. Otherwise you will become the WiFi donor for your entire neighborhood.
Here is the MTN router default IP address
Why change your MTN MiFi password?
In this post we showed you how to change your MTN MiFi password. But why would you seek to change this password? We have already noted that you have the option to change both the admin and the WiFi password.
Regarding the admin password, it’s good to change from the default to stop your router from being hijacked. There are people out there who are constantly on the lookout for vulnerabilities on WiFi devices. If they gain access to your network, they will have access to your personal details.
The WiFi password on an MTN MiFi device needs to be changed to protect your network. If you allow too many people to get connected, you will find that your data will not last that long. You will also find that your network will be slowed down considerably. So, it’s always important to change your MTN MiFi password to one that is not known across the neighborhood.