Do you wish to get information on how to use MTN yellow bucks? Yellow bucks is a rewards program that is offered by MTN to its subscribers in South Africa. To participate, you first need to activate your yellow bucks profile. Once that is done, you will start earning 1 yellow buck for every R1 that you spend on data, airtime and SMS. You also earn yellow bucks when you sign new contracts. You are here because you have earned a lot of yellow bucks, and you are now wondering how you can use them?
What are MTN Yellow Bucks used for?
The following is how to use your MTN Yellow Bucks;
- All MTN customers who wish to participate in the Yellow Bucks program need to first register. That can be done by dialing *234# on any MTN phone.
- After registering, you will start earning Yellow Bucks as you buy airtime, data and bundles. Y
- You can use your Yellow Bucks to buy airtime, data, SMS and lifestyle bundles from the network. The function is available when buying both via USSD and through the MTN app.
- Yellow Bucks can be used to buy bundles either on their own or combined with your card.
How Do I earn MTN Yellow Bucks?
That’s the answer for those looking for information on how to use MTN Yellow Bucks. In order to fully benefit from the program, you need to earn as many Yellow Bucks as is possible. But how do you do that? The following are some of the ways through which you can earn Yellow Bucks;
- Buy airtime, data and other bundles
- Get a new MTN contract
- Upgrade your contract
- Subscribe to content from Play
- When you activate a new SIM card
- Downloading the MTN App and creating an account
You need to keep your Yellow Bucks account active
So far in this article, we showed you how to use MTN Yellow Bucks. We noted that they are part of a reward program that MTN runs for the benefit of its customers.
Note that if you don’t activate your account as outlined above, you will not earn any Yellow Bucks. Should you decide to go down this route, you will be shortchanging yourself by missing out on free airtime and data.
Another thing to note is that the network requires that customers constantly transact using their Yellow Bucks. If you do not do so for 60 days, your account will become dormant and you will be charged 150 Yellow Bucks per month as management fee. So, once you have earned enough, you should then redeem your Yellow Bucks.
This post showed you how to use your MTN Yellow Bucks. We noted that in order to earn Yellow Bucks, you need to activate your account. Once that is done, you will earn 1 Yellow Buck for every R1 that you spend. The Yellow Bucks can be used in lieu of or as part of cash when buying airtime, data and other bundles. All MTN customers need to take advantage of this program to earn free bundles.